Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Pair of New Glasses? Not for me!

Reticular Activation. That’s the principle that described my last blog. The brain begins to point out all the other items you are focused on. Thanks to Jeremy Lock.
So, I have to admit, I recently went to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked. I have mostly 20-20 vision still. There is just a little sweet spot that I have a hard time focusing on, like the end of my arm. The Dr. wrote a prescription for me. At her shop the girl in charge of selling glasses found a wonderful pair that looked marvelous on. $300.00.
I have never shopped for glasses myself, but I was able to purchase glasses for Lori, Cody, Arti and Holland at Walmart or Shopko for a lot less than that. I took my prescription and left.
Since I was learning about time wasting, I wondered how much time I was wasting looking for glasses. So, I thought I would investigate buying a pair of glasses to wear most all of the time.
Last Saturday, I drove buy Eye Masters. They were having a sale -- $59 for two. I went in. The pair I found were $99. BUT, she could do a buy one get one free deal. So, I found another pair. Then I found out why people don’t buy glasses willey nilley. $89 for each lens; scratch resistance coating, $69; Fitting $0. Anyway, by time she added it all up it was between $319 and $369, depending on the glare coating I picked. For Two pair of glasses?
You know what? I think since I am mostly 20—20, I can afford a hand full of readers, no matter how much I hate trying to find them around the house.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new background. I need to send you the link for cheap glasses from China. I'll do that now.

    ReplyDelete