Monday, June 21, 2010

Exploring The Neighborhood

I finally did it. I went exploring the new neighborhood.
While I lived with my mother, I walked regularly what I called "Around the Block". This meant I would walk up Upland Drive, past Skyline High School, then turn left along the frontage road. This took me to Millcreek Road, which I followed to 2700 East. Around the "S" curve, and up Broadbent Drive. That led me to Craig Driove and the back up Twinbrook and home. Took about 50ish minutes to do. Had some ups and downs and was a good workout. It helped in my recent weight dropping.
Tonight I tried, for the second time, a route that I think I can enjoy. I go north on Center St. to Mineral Springs Park and cross 300 West just below the Tesoro station. I clip down 300 West all the way to North Temple and cross there. I turn back north on 200 West, turn at Girrard St. and I'm done. This takes about 50 minutes. Just right.
While walking along 300 West, I discovered a cute coffee shop / diner, Mulberry Coffee and Cafe. I will have to try it soon. I wonder if they have wifi?
I also discovered where the ALCU office is. And, almost right next to it, is the office of Sunstone magazine.
I bought some white shorts and have a white shirt, so I will be seen at night. It beats sitting in a hot apartment watching TV.
I hope to learn more about my new territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment