Thursday, May 27, 2010

Joe Vs The Volcano

If you have never seen the marginally successful movie Joe Vs the Volcano, this reference may slip past you. (If you haven't seen it, you will enjoy the 98 min.) And the end of the movie, Hanks and Ryan are floating in the middle of the ocean, on their unsinkable steamer trunks towards a huge smiling moon.
I was on my evening walk tonight, Thursday, May 27, about 10:40 p.m. and the moon was just beginning to come out behind Mt. Olympus. It was beautiful. The light glowed on some light clouds, the mountain a beautiful silhouette, what I view. I wish i had the camera equipment that could capture the moment.
Moon risings were something Lori and I enjoyed. We looked forward to some beautiful evenings watching the moon come up....
Then it hit me. With such a romantic scene, I realized why I was having a hard time going to sleep at night. It was blasting in my ear, "Love Songs After Dark" on FM 100.3. I was listening to love songs while learning to be alone. Bad combination. I would listen to relaxing CD's, but my clock/radio/CD player has been struggling.
Guess I will change the station and see if that helps me sleep! Goodnight you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment