Thursday, August 19, 2010

On The Road

Today I find myself in the waiting room at Dixie Regional Medical Center waiting for my son Holland. He is having surgery on his foot. He asked if I could come and help. It is a comfort to know that your children are really never too old to need love and support.
He is having surgery on a bone that I have never heard of. It is in his big toe, left foot. He probably hurt it on his mission in Fiji. Who knows.
It is fun to visit for a few days. Holland is living with his brother's family. Bret, Lori Michelle and Faye have made room for him for a few weeks until he moves to Phoenix. It is a pleasure to watch my children interact as families. For instance, I didn't know Lori Michelle (I call her that so as not to confuse her with Lori, the mom) was such a tease. It is a hoot to watch as she riles up Faye about her toys, eating, and Marley their dog. Poor Bret as I am sure both girls gang up on him. :)
I have also had zucchini in several new ways. Last time I was here I had macaroni and cheese and zucchini. This trip I had zucchini fried and even had an apricot and zucchini smoothie. Lori Michelle even has Holland eating zucchini -- and I never could get him to eat it as a kid.
Anyway, while I am here I get to babysit the cutest little Olsen in whole world. Faye loves movies.Which is nice, as this family doesn't watch TV. That makes it all the easier to babysit. So,I will pull out my really old bag of tricks and babysit both my baby and my grand-baby.
Love, you never get too old to enjoy its affects! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment