Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting Older and More Forgetful

Okay, so I am getting older. Don't know when that happened, but I am. This morning I went to the gym where I did my 45 minutes on a stationary bike. From there I hit the shower and then get dressed for the day. Today I reached into my bag and NO SHIRT! Oh no. I did I not put a shirt in my bag. I forget socks on a regular basis. I believe I forget my socks cause I would rather wear sandals. But to forget my shirt?
I have always been "forgetful" when it came to leaving the house. I generally had to go back and get keys, papers, wallet, or something else. I have learned there is a way to prevent some of that. For instance, I now put my keys in a basket by the door so I can grab them as I leave the house. I try create lists to remind me what I am going to do for the day, and what I need to take with me.

Getting forgetful isn't the worst thing about getting old, but dang if I can remember what leads the list. :)

1 comment:

  1. Forgetting items at other places can mean that you are comfortable with your surroundings. It can be an unconscience expression of your comfort level in new situations and places. For example a girl on a date may unconsicencly leave an item in the boy's car, so they have to see each other again...

    Or you could just be losing stuff.

    ReplyDelete