Saturday, July 17, 2010

That Saved A Wretch Like Me

Amazing Grace How Sweet the Sound
That Saved a Wretch Like Me.
I Once Once Lost, But Now Am Found
Was Blind But Now I See.

I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Pioneer Concert last night and celebrated 100 Years Of Recording History. The Tab has been on the cutting edge of recording technology, and it was fun to see how the Choir has been on the forefront of the changes.

More enjoyable, however, was the music itself. They same some old standards, but I enjoyed the "Signature" songs of the Hallelujah Chorus and The Battle Hymn of the Republic. Standing ovation!!.

However, I have come to love their verson of Amazing Grace. Actually, I have come to love many version of that song. I could never sing it cause I could never get past the first few words without breaking into tears. And I don't mean those little tears I am famous for. This is down-right bawling. Happened last night. Good thing the room is dark.

"The Lord has promised good to me ... His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be ... As long as life endures.

I have had a couple of rough years, however, I have been touched by His Amazing Grace, and His Atonement will succor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment