Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet!

I grew up Jimmy Olsen, Cub Reporter of the Daily Planet, friend of Superman! And yes, I had been told Superman was really Clark Kent.
Remember the tag line that opened the show "Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings with a single bound..."
We all used to think Superman was pretty face, but this past week I discovered the speed of the internet! Hang on, cause this one is going fast.
Last Monday I received a call from my mother that she needed to get to the hospital ER. She mentioned that she had called my brother-in-law and was also en route. Well, as she finished dressing, I looked and didn't have his phone number in my smart phone. SO, I called my sister. She didn't answer. SO, I called my other sister, who would have his number in her phone. She did, so she called him, and diverted him to the hospital to assist in a priesthood blessing.
She also posted on the family facebook page that grandma was headed to the hospital and everyone should offer a prayer in her behalf.
My niece, who is serving in Afghanistan saw the post and called her mother in St George, UT. She wondered what was wrong with Grandma. She only had four weeks left, and didn't want anything to be horribly wrong. Her mother, my sister had no idea, and felt bad that she was out of the loop.
Truth-be-told, I had not gone 30 blocks from home, and was still miles from the hospital. From Salt Lake to Afghanistan to St. George, UT in less than 5 minutes.
That's gotta be faster than a speeding bullet any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment