Saturday, April 9, 2011

Putter Putter Putt Putt

I have to start this post with an observation and an apology.
This is the third post in as many days. Don't mind me, I just wanted to note that. I am supposed to write for 15 minutes a day what I am grateful,which has put me in a writing mood.
Now for the Apology:
The apology goes out to Lori Snow Olsen.
I was mean and cruel when we were younger. To have ever called you "Putter, Putter, Putt, Putt!" may have been humorous at the time, but I have found that I am much worse. Much worse. . In fact, I am supposed to be cleaning RIGHT NOW but wanted to stop and blog instead.
For the rest of you, when we were a young couple, Lori would seem to putter as she cleaned our home. She went from cleaning project to cleaning project.
You know, be cleaning the living room, take a glass (probably left there by me), into the kitchen, just to start cleaning the sink and then would decide to take the dish towels into the laundry room. There she would start the dryer, and look at the bathroom, which shared the space with the w/d, and start doing the mirrors. She would sigh and lament that it didn't seem like she was getting anything done.
I would call her Putter Putter Putt Putt. Lovingly, of course.
Let me be clear here -- this scenario is illustrative and not from actual memory.
To fix that, Lori created a song and a game. The song and game was "Clean Clean, Like A Washing Machine."
Now, you might think she made this game and song up to get the kids going, but if memory serves me right (which is getting dicey lately) she made it up for me and her. A 30 minute time limit was set and we would go around our home cleaning and singing and get 'er done!
Today I have cleaned most of my apartment -- Spring Cleaning -- and have to chuckle. I am worse than she ever was. I go from room to room to room to room. Good thing my place is less then 700 sq ft.!!
So, Please accept my apology.
Now, if I could only remember the words to that song....

No comments:

Post a Comment